There are plenty of perks when it comes to being a brand ambassador. Not only does it provide plenty of excitement, but it also offers flexibility and financial stability. As a result, it’s a pretty lucrative role that receives a lot of interest.
We know that finding any job can be overwhelming, so to give you the best chance of creating a stand-out profile, we’ve put together some top application tips.
Whether you plan on applying to work with us or with someone else, all brand ambassador profiles with event staffing agencies are relatively similar, making life a little easier for you.
It’s important to remember, however, that setting up a profile alone won’t guarantee that you’ll be booked for jobs. As we already mentioned, being a brand ambassador can be a competitive role, so you must invest time into making your profile as distinctive and informative as possible.
- Like with any job application, the best place to start is by researching the industry and pulling together all of the professional materials you’ll need
- Research the various event staffing agencies out there and look at the type of work they do. While many agencies work across multiple sectors, some do specialise in specific areas (like healthcare, for example), so it’s important to understand your options and whether certain roles require particular skills or accreditations
- Review the application process of each company you’re interested in to ensure you meet all of their requirements
- Pull together your professional information, including a CV, a cover letter, pictures, a short bio, and any other certificates or accreditations you may need
Creating an engaging profile
Brand ambassadors are required for events throughout the year during all hours of the day, whether that’s a morning conference, a 9-to-5 pop-up store, or a nighttime concert. You get to decide what suits your own personal schedule. You can also choose to work on activations and with brands that truly matter to you – providing a great sense of personal satisfaction.
- Your personal statement and skills – Your personal statement is a chance to show clients why you’re the best person for the role. Things to think about including would be a short overview of you who are, any relevant experience, the brands that you may have worked for in the past, the types of roles you’ve taken on during previous campaigns, along with any other skills you think might be relevant for the job. As you build up your experience, don’t forget to update your profile to show off all the great work you’ve done!
- Choosing the right photos – Your photo will be shared with clients alongside your written profile to help them get a feel for who you are, so it’s another chance to make a great first impression. It’s best to include good quality headshots and full-body shots that don’t have filters and are taken in good lighting. Feel free to upload a few photos of yourself in action on-site as well
- Recording your video – At Elevate, we require all candidates to submit a video (from 30 seconds to a minute long) as we think it’s a great chance to show off who you are. After all, brand ambassadors best express their passion through communication! Things to talk about include your name and age, years in the promotional industry, what you love about working in this role, the brands you’ve previously worked with, what your responsibilities were, your top three qualities and why they would suit that particular campaign. Don’t forget to look your best and record it in a quiet, well-lit area
- Don’t forget to be yourself – Being a brand ambassador is all about creating a positive and memorable experience for people, so don’t be afraid to let your personality shine through. The more detailed your profile is, the more likely it’ll stand out to clients, so make sure to keep it updated
Interested in joining us?
Elevate is always on the lookout for brand ambassadors to represent the world’s biggest and most exciting brands in sports, technology, beauty, retail, alcohol and health.
Our extensive network of talented individuals come from many different backgrounds, including retail, corporate events, hospitality, logistics, theatre and more. If you’re interested in becoming an Elevate brand ambassador, we’d love to hear from you!